We're Ready for YOU!
St. Luke’s Volunteer Services and Student Relations has a variety of opportunities to allow volunteers to SAFELY engage within our Network!
We ARE accepting volunteer applications!
Is your high school or college offering a hybrid or full online program leaving you with more available time? Do you want to be more involved in the community?
Here's why you should join our program:
- learn more about Healthcare careers
- gain a better understanding of the college/technical program application process
- accumulate hours for future clinical programs
- learn valuable skills to help you be successful in a professional environment
At St. Luke’s, we have taken many safeguards to protect our volunteers, staff, patients and visitors:
- practicing and monitoring staff for appropriate hand hygiene
- sanitizing all high touch areas
- screening patients/visitors temperatures and mask compliance when entering our hospitals
These safeguards help us feel confident that volunteering is a safe way to help volunteers to be engaged with in person opportunities.
We are experiencing extremely high volumes of summer student applications and have reached capacity at the Allentown, Anderson & Monroe locations (adult experiences continue to be available). All future Allentown, Anderson & Monroe student applications will be considered for the fall session. Summer student opportunities are available at all other locations.
Please note that due to the extremely high volumes, we are experiencing delays in processing applications. We appreciate your patience and look forward to you joining the team!
Complete these two easy steps to submit your volunteer application:
1. Complete the online registration form:
2. Complete the reference forms:
- Adult and College (only) Volunteer Reference Form: Share this link with 2 individuals (non-family/friend) for their completion. References will be automatically forwarded to our department.
- Junior Volunteers (only): please complete two steps:
- Parental Permission form, Statement of Commitment and Privacy Form : please print and complete with your parents, returning to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Evaluation: Share this link with a school representative (i.e. guidance counselor, teacher, principal, etc) to complete the evaluation form. Forms will be automatically forwarded to our department.
Paper applications can be postal mailed by calling our office, 484-526-4600.
Interviews will be scheduled as soon as both steps are completed. Please note our office is open during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm.
Log into the Volunteer Portal to check your schedule, request time off or update your personal information!
Special College Programs
Interested in a career as a Physician or Physician Assistant? Learn more by participating in one of our competitive programs!
- Research opportunities for undergraduate or graduate students! Click this link to learn more about the program and exciting opportunities available through the Research Institute!
- Summer Physician Observer Program
- Summer Physician Assistant Observer Program
- Fall/Spring Physician Assistant Observer Program
Your Service, Your Talents … Valued. Your Help … Needed.
Volunteering at St. Luke’s University Health Network is more than just providing service; it is making a difference in the day of our patients, staff and visitors! People often ask:
- Your personal strengths make a difference to others!
- Your time helps others in need.
- Your skills enhance our quality.
- Your involvement introduces you to new people.
- Your participation is needed!
How do volunteers benefit?
- Obtain a discounted gym membership in our Health & Fitness Centers!
- Receive recognition at an annual luncheon!
- Obtain discounts with Homestar Pharmacy’s over the counter products and durable medical equipment!
- Attend various educational programs with St. Luke’s University Health Network
Available Volunteer Opportunities!
Click Here for a more detailed list of all current Student (College and Junior) Volunteer Openings!
Below is a detailed list of our exciting and engaging volunteer opportunities at our Hospitals and Home Health and Hospice locations!
|Gift Shop||Gift Shop Volunteers provide a welcoming environment for customers in the gift shop, use the cash register and restock merchandise. All proceeds support various special St. Luke's programs, as selected by the St. Luke's Auxiliary!||Monday through Friday 9 - 1; 1 - 4 or 4 - 7* Saturday & Sunday hours vary||All hospital Campuses (*4-7 Bethlehem only)|
|Volunteer Escort Service||Volunteer Escorts provide a well needed service to St. Luke's by discharging patients, transporting various different items (supplies, specimens, mail, etc) to many different locations within the hospital along with many other assistive requests.||Monday through Friday 8 - 12, 12 - 4 *Saturday and Sunday 8 - 12, 12 - 4 or 4 - 7||Bethlehem* and Quakertown|
|Patient Advocate||Patient Advocate volunteers help make a difference in our patients day by spending time socializing and providing them with non-clinical comfort items (i.e. pillows, blankets, fresh water, etc). Patient Advocate volunteers work also assist our nursing staff with various supportive duties, such as discharging patients and delivering supplies and other well needed items throughout the hospital.||Monday through Friday 8 - 12; 12 - 4||All hospital Campuses|
|Emergency Department||Volunteers in our Emergency Department spend time socializing and providing patients with non-clinical comfort items as well as assist our staff with various non-clinical duties, such as discharging patients, delivering supplies and other items throughout the hospital. The Emergency Department is a very fast paced area!||Monday through Sunday 8 - 12; 12 - 4 or 4 - 7*||All hospital Campuses (*college and adults only, please)|
|One Day Surgery/Procedure Centers||Volunteers assist staff in the One Day Surgery or GI Lab area by discharging patients in the and make tea and toast for their patients, restock supplies and put together chart/OR packets.||Monday through Friday 8 - 12; 12 - 4 or 4 - 7*||All hospital Campuses (*4-7 Bethlehem only)|
|Cancer Center||Volunteers in the Cancer Center provide meaningful support to those receiving infusion by socializing and offering refreshments, discharge patients, run errands and assist staff with various supportive duties.||Monday through Saturday 10 - 2||Allentown, Anderson, Bethlehem and Warren|
|Healing Arts Volunteer||Volunteers assist infusion center patients with various arts and crafts while receiving infusion.||Monday through Friday 8 - 12; 12 - 4||Allentown, Bethlehem, Monroe, Quakertown and Warren|
|Home-Based Hospice||Hospice volunteers provide companionship to people living with a terminal illness and help their family caregivers in a variety of ways. Our volunteers help with office work, fundraising, community outreach and other operational areas.||Monday through Sunday, flexible||Lehigh, Northampton, Upper Bucks, Montgomery, Berks, Schuylkill, Monroe, and Carbon counties|
|Hospice Inpatient Unit||Volunteers at the Inpatient Unit provide much needed services to hospice patients, visitors, and staff at the St. Luke’s Brian D. Perin Hospice House. Volunteers can assist with a variety of tasks including patient companionship, various clerical duties, greeting visitors, and assistance to the staff.||Monday through Sunday, times vary||St. Luke’s Hospice House in Bethlehem|
|Patient Information Center||Volunteers at our Information center provide a welcoming environment by greeting patients and visitors and providing patient information. Computer skills needed.||Monday through Sunday 9 - 1 or 1 - 4||Bethlehem and Warren *Adults only|
|Lobby Greeter||Our Lobby Greeters provide a valuable service for our patients and their loved ones to ensure they are able to find the location within our Wind Gap location while also assisting with various supportive duties.||Monday through Sunday 9 - 1 or 1 - 4 or 4 - 7*||All hospital campuses, *St. Luke's Broadheadsville, North, West End and Wind Gap|
|MRI Center||Welcome patients to the MRI Center and assist, as needed with completing paperwork.||Fridays 4 - 7 Saturdays and Sundays 8 - 12 or 12 - 4||Bethlehem and Warren|
|Outpatient Adult and Pediatric Rehab Sites||Volunteers assigned to the Outpatient Rehab sites have the opportunity to not only assist patients various activities, and and staff with a various supportive duties, they also have the opportunity to learn more about the Rehab field and gain valuable observational hours!||Monday through Friday 9 - 1 or 3 - 6* times may vary based on the site's hours of operation||All outpatient rehab sites|
|Acute Rehab Center (ARC)||Volunteers in the ARC provide valuable assistance to therapy staff with room preparation for patient treatments, monitors and stocks supplies and assists with various clerical duties, transports patients in wheelchairs to therapy and assists with patient social activities.||Monday through Friday 8 - 12 or 12 - 4||Bethlehem Campus|