We continue to follow guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, we are now working to relax visitation guidelines.
The following parameters will take effect to assure the safety of our residents, staff and visitors:
- Upon entry to the main entrance at the St. Luke’s Skilled Nursing Facility, each visitor will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, will have his/ her/their temperature taken and be asked a series of questions. Refusing to comply with the screening process will result in denial of entry to visit.
- If you have a temperature greater than 100.0 F or screen as positive, you will not be permitted entry to the Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Facial masks must be worn during the entire visit.
- Witnessed use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon arrival in the Skilled Nursing Unit
- Social distancing of 6 ft. or more must be maintained for duration of visit.
- Each visitor must sign in upon arrival and sign out at departure on the Skilled Nursing Unit.
- Any visitors should monitor for signs and symptoms of respiratory illness and report to the facility if symptoms are evident within 14 days after visiting the facility.
- Residents and families should continue to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection, including physical distancing, but if the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touching) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting mask and performing hand hygiene before and after. Visitor should still physically distance from other residents and staff in the facility.
- Compassionate care visits and visits required under the federal disability rights law will be allowed at all times, for any resident (vaccinated or unvaccinated) regardless of the resident’s vaccination status, the county’s COVID-19 positivity rate, or an outbreak.
- Residents who are on transmission-based precautions for COVID-19 should only receive visits that are virtual, or in-person for compassionate care situations, with adherence to transmission-based precautions. This restriction will be lifted once transmission-based precautions are no longer required as per CDC guidelines.
*The guidelines above must be followed for each Skilled Nursing Facility in addition to the guidelines listed below for each specific Skilled Nursing Facility.
The Summit Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at St. Lukeʼs Lehighton Campus
Currently allowing visitors.
Call 610-377-7153 for information.
St. Lukeʼs Sacred Heart Campus Transitional Care Facility
Temporarily not accepting visitors.
Call 610-776-4910 for information.
Miners Campus Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility
Effective 3/15/2021 Modified Visitation
- Visitors must stay in residents’ rooms for visitation or go to the chapel
- Indoor visitation is limited to no more than 3 visitors per resident at a time and visits cannot exceed 30 minutes.
- Outdoor visitation is limited to no more than 3 visitors per resident will be permitted at a time for outside visitation on front entrance whenever practicable. Visits cannot exceed 30 minutes.
If there is any new onset of COVID-19 cases, the facility suspends visitation and resume testing of all residents. Visitation will be re-evaluated based on test results of employees and residents.
Please Note: specifics may vary based on facility.